Avocado Egg Salad
Gluten Free Dairy Free Serves 2
4 eggs, hard boiled
1 ½ TBSP celery, minced
1 large green onion, minced
1/2 TBSP Dijon mustard*
1 tsp. red wine vinegar
Sea salt to taste
Ground pepper to taste
4 cups organic field greens
½ small cucumber
½ cup organic cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1. Place 4 eggs into a pan and cover with water. Bring water to a boil over high heat.
2. When it reaches a boil, remove pan from heat, cover with lid and let sit for 15 minutes.
3. Run eggs under cold water, to cool. When they are cool enough to handle, peel the eggs.
4. Chop the eggs and put in a bowl.
5. Slice avocado in half and remove pit. While the avocado is still in the skin, slice avocado into cubes by cutting
horizontal and vertical lines.
6. Scoop avocado out of the skin with a large serving spoon and add to egg mixture.
7. Add celery, green onion, mustard, red wine vinegar and stir well.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Divide the field greens onto two salad plates, along with the cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Top with egg salad.
Note: If wanting a creamier egg salad then you can put all the avocado egg salad ingredients into a food processor and blend until creamy.
*SCD legal - Read labels for legal ingredients