Leek and Artichoke Soup This soup is very light and creamy with a smooth texture. It is perfect for a casual dinner paired with a large salad or served as a first course at a formal dinner party. Either way you can't go wrong with this soup. It also keeps well overnight so feel free to make it in advance.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Serves: 4 Total Time: Approx. 35 minutes
1 TBSP Avocado or Olive oil
2 Leeks, white portion only, slice into 1/2 " rounds, rinse well, dry on paper towels
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (14 oz.) can of artichoke hearts, quartered
1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 heaping tsp of dried parsley
1/4 heaping tsp of dried oregano
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over med. low heat.
2. Add leeks to sauce pan and saute until they are tender and just beginning to brown. Approx. 6 minutes
3. Add garlic to the sauce pan and saute for 1 minute.
4. Add the artichokes, chicken broth, coconut milk, and spices. Stir well
5. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until artichokes and leeks are soft.
6. After 20 minutes, add soup to a Vitamix or other high speed blender*. Be cautious - Soup is hot!
7. Pour soup into individual bowls and garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.
*An Immersion Blender works as well.